Please Register to the course on KIS: https://office.kis.uni-kl.de/views/campus/registration.asp?object=event&gguid=0xDCEB759D6EE14371BAA176BBA47162E7 (Deadline April 16th)
We will send the OLAT course code to all registered students by April 19.
The first lecture will find place on April 22.
In the OLAT course you can find the lecture slides, prepared videos as a substitution for the lecture, exercises and further organizatorial information.
For organizatorial questions please contact Dr. Daniel Fraunholz.
- Introduction to information security
- Security assessment
o Introduction to security assessment
- Security operations
o Intrusion prevention and detection
o Incident response
o Standards, regulations and security policies
- Emerging topics e.g. Industrial security, cloud security, mobile/IoT security and WiFi auditing
Competencies / Learning Results
- Memorize and define common IT (Information Technology) security taxonomies for threat intelligence, vulnerability assessment and security operations.
- Describe the standard methodologies for the phases reconnaissance, scanning, exploitation and post-exploitation of a security assessment.
- Describe the standard methodologies for authentication, intrusion detection, intrusion prevention, incident response and physical security in the context of security operations.
- Develop and justify information security policies with knowledge of regulatory compliance and industry standards.
- Identify security problems in emerging topics of the IT and OT (Operational Technology) fields.
- Choose and use common scanning tools to discover potentially vulnerable services on a given target host.
- Compose and apply vulnerability exploitation techniques and gain privileged access to show a host is vulnerable.
- Analyze and reconstruct information in storage media and log files using common forensic tools
- Summarize significant findings and write about necessary technical details to reproduce these findings
Daniel Reti, M.Sc.
Duque Antón, Simon, Dipl.-Ing.
Fraunholz, Daniel, Dr.-Ing.
Schotten, Hans D., Prof. Dr.-Ing.