(Labor Digitaltechnik II)
|Wednesday||14:00 - 17:00||Room: 12-524|
4 hours of laboratory (5 ECTS credits)
Introductory meeting on Wed, 2023-04-19 15:30h, Room 11-262.
Attendance to introductory meeting is required to claim seat.
Advance online registration is mandatory for this lab.
Seats are assigned on a first-come first-serve basis.
The course is offered both in the winter and in the summer semester.
Please, register for the course using the KIS system. [Link]
Online resources are provided using OpenOLAT. At the end of the registration period all registered participants will receive an email with password information for the OpenOLAT page of this course.
Registration is mandatory!
Please note: The number of available seats for this lab is limited. In order to participate you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure you have a valid university email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). Set your KIS account to use this email address.Test it to verify that your email address works, as this address is going to be used for sending you an invitation for the OpenOLAT page, together with password information for download materials.
- Register successfully to reserve a seat using the KIS system through your KIS account. (For information on the course, see the KIS page for this course.) You need to find the course in the current semester directory and then click on the link for registration ("Zum Anmeldeverfahren"). The page that comes up also shows the deadline for registration.
- Attend the introductory meeting (time and place: see above).
If no more seats are available when you try to register, the registration system will put you on a waiting list. During the registration period you will be registered automatically once a seat becomes free. If you are still on the waiting list after the registration deadline then you may have to take the course in the next semester.
At the beginning of the semester, during the regular lecture period, there is an introductory meeting (date, time and place see above). The purpose of this meeting is to communicate general information about the lab course and for you to confirm your participation.
Please note: The number of available seats in this lab is fixed and cannot be increased, due to limited resources. The seats are assigned to registered attendees of the introductory meeting. Unclaimed seats will be offered to people on the waiting list.
So if you are on the waiting list at the time of the introductory meeting there is a small chance that you may still obtain a seat. If not, you may take the course in the following semester. The lab is offered both in summer and winter semesters.
Design, Implementation, Synthesis and Test of Embedded Systems
The goal of this laboratory course is to gain an understanding of the general design methodology of communicating embedded systems as they are employed in technical systems in various fields, such as automotive systems, production automation and control, and mobile communication.
Dipl.-Ing. Johannes Müller
You should bring sufficient knowledge from these fields:
- Digital systems architectures, as taught in the courses Architecture of Digital Systems 1 and Architecture of Digital Systems 2
- Assembler programming (see Chair of Real-Time Systems)
- Digital design at the RTL, using a high-level description language (VHDL)
☞ Please note: This is an advanced course. The objective of this course is to understand the interaction of hardware and software at the machine and RTL level. The objective is not to teach you fundamentals of software programming or digital design using VHDL. If you lack skills in programming or VHDL design then this lab will require significant extra effort.