Master in English
University graduates holding a non-German bachelor degree are welcome to apply to our master program. Please note the special regulations and prerequisites that apply for this case.
Study Programs & Curriculum
Currently, we are offering two master programs in English language: Embedded Computing Systems (ESY) and Automation & Control (A&C).
Embedded Computing Systems (ESY)
Embedded Computing Systems are the technological backbone of our digitalized world. Choose our program Embedded Computing Systems (ESY) if you want to become an expert in embedded system design.
ESY is the TUK component of the prestigious EU-funded Erasmus Mundus Program European Master in Embedded Computing Systems (EMECS).
Automation & Control (A&C)
Our master program Automation & Control (A&C) deals with steering and controlling of complex systems such as production lines, distributed grids, or on-chip / on-board architectures. Safety and security are two fundamental design paradigms for this discipline.
During your master studies here at RPTU, you will gain deep knowledge in the areas of control theory, modeling and identification, development of safe and secure systems, and mechatronic systems. Also for A&C you can select from a wide range of elective courses.
Prerequisites & Application
All master applicants with non-German bachelor degrees need to submit their applications to the central Department of International Affairs: ISGS. The ISGS is in charge of processing your application and will give support whenever you have any questions or issues.
The formal prerequisite for our master programs is a bachelor degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a related area. The bachelor grade shall be not lower than 1,7 in the German grading system (in general relates to "B" in the ECTS grading system) or equivalent.
Important: The master program for foreign applicants is not restricted. However, we check your subject-specific entry requirements and also may impose conditions. Thus, submitting your application does not yet mean that you can enroll.
You can find further information about prerequisites and the application process here.
Checklist for Application Documents
- A letter of motivation (letter of intent)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Bachelor/Master degree certificate (diploma) and transcripts of records
- Degree certificate and transcript translations (German or English)
- Short description of the subjects covered during previous studies (for example a syllabus)
- Two recommendation letters from faculty staff or industry manager - can be sent also via e-mail (containing your application number!)
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL 213/550/80 or IELTS 6.0 or equivalent)
- APS (for applicants from the People’s Republic of China, India, and Vietnam)