Real-Time Systems 2 (WS20/21)
General Course Information:
This course will deepen the understanding of real-time systems issues of the course Real-time Systems I. It will cover additional topics, provide relations and deeper understanding between basic issues.
- Off-line scheduling
- Scheduling of multiprocessor systems
- Real-time Networks
- Hierarchical scheduling and Hypervisors
- Resource management and Overrun handling
- The international research community, conferences, in addition to the scientific contents
- Brief information about related projects going on at the department.
In addition to the lectures a number of written exercises will be given.
Unfortunately, there is no single book covering the entire area in a satiesfying way. Moreover, the existing books are quite expensive, so I do not recommend buying them.
Most of the research presented can be found as published research articles.
One good book that covers most of the aperiodic scheduling algorithms is Giorgio Buttazzo, "Hard Real-Time Computing Systems: Predictable Scheduling Algorithms and Applications".
Note that a second edition came out recently with minor modifications.
Information for WS 20/21
- Prof. Gerhard Fohler
- M.Sc. Gautam Gala (Contact person)
- MSc. Mohammad Ibrahim Alkoudsi (Contact person)
- International Guest Lecturers
More information can be found in KIS.
Follow us on twitter.
The first lecture will take place on 28th October (see calendar in OpenOlat). To be able to access the lecture documents, please register, using the "Enrol as Participant" section in OpenOLAT using your rhrk email adress only.
Any student signed up for the course with a non-RHRK eMail address will be removed from the course after 28th October!
For more information about future lecture & exercise appointments, and download material please use OpenOLAT
- Written exam:
- Date: 22/02/2021
- Time: 10:00
- Location: 01-160
- Exam information can also be found in KIS.
- Oral exam:
- Date: 24-25/02/2021
- Location: 12-141
- Participation in both exams is mandatory. if you do not have access to the course on OLAT and would like to take the exam please contact MSc. Mohammad Ibrahim Alkoudsi
- Exam guidelines